If you are a family who traditionally takes the summer off, how do you get back in the academic “groove” after summer? Our team will share practical tips and advice to prevent “summer learning loss.”
- Celebrate what you have accomplished!
- Reading and math at a minimum; one hour a day devoted to both subjects.
- This is a great time to consider using one of Math-U-See’s Accelerated Individualized Mastery intervention programs to bring a child’s skills into greater focus.
- Assessment of their current skill set; do this now, not in August.
- If they are changing curriculums:
- Who are you as the homeschool parent? What kind of time do you have for your student(s)? Where will you invest that time?
- Make a list of what worked and what didn’t, and then sort that list.
- Recognize that what works for one student doesn’t always work for another.
- As you weigh curriculums, look at the whole. What kind of support do they offer and what can you expect as you use their materials?
365 Days of Art
We have several summer-related blog posts with suggestions for you on our blog.Upcoming Webinars
We Are Here to Help
If you have any questions, you can schedule a conversation with a Placement Specialist.Get in Touch