Many families who are considering homeschooling first want to look into the demographic data of homeschoolers. It is important for homeschoolers to have support and confidence in their
journey so that they can have a successful and enjoyable experience, and the good news is that the number of families engaging in home education has grown significantly in North America in the last twenty years and continues to increase.
‣ Homeschooling rates are growing at a rate of 2-8% each year.
‣ There are about 2.3 million home educated students in the United States.
‣ 3.4 million adults in the United States have been homeschooled at some point in their education.
‣ The average homeschooler educates at home for 6 to 8 years.
‣ In 2011, 91% of homeschooling
parents were concerned about the environment of other schools.
‣ Homeschooled students score 15-30% higher on average than public school students on standardized academic achievement tests.
‣ Only 83% of families continue homeschooling past their first year. However, 89% of those families continue home education for a third year and beyond.
‣ Whether or not homeschooling parents are certified teachers does not impact their children’s academic achievement.
Why People Choose to Homeschool
Some of the most common reasons for homeschooling include:
‣ Being able to provide an individualized learning experience for each child.
‣ Achieving higher academic accomplishments than traditional schools.
‣ Using alternative approaches to learning.
‣ Enhancing family relationships between parents and siblings.
‣ Fostering meaningful and healthy social interactions with peers.
‣ Providing a safer environment for their children.
‣ Teaching a particular set of values to their children.
Homeschooling 101 eBook
No one knows your child better than you. We trust parents, and we want you to have the confidence to make the right decision for your situation.
We have compiled this eBook to help you through your decision. You’ll learn:
- The History of homeschooling
- How to find your state’s homeschool laws
- The different styles of homeschooling
- Tips from both professionals and veterans
- Where to find practical and inspirational resources to improve your homeschool experience
Enter your information below, and we will email the eBook to you right away.